Once you have had your new floors installed it is important to care for them properly. It’s easier that you think. Follow these cleaning and care steps to keep your floors looking great.
- Sweep or dust mop your pre-finished hardwood floor every few days to remove dirt, dust, and debris.
- Vacuum your floor using a vacuum cleaner without a beater bar, to avoid scratching the surface of the wood. Use a nozzle attachment to clean the grooves between wood planks or to remove dust and dirt buildup in corners or niches of the room.
- Clean the floor once a week or as needed using a hardwood flooring cleaning product. Mix the cleaner with water in a bucket according to the instructions on the bottle, then dip your mop into the bucket. Wring the mop out until it is just slightly damp, then use it to mop the floor. There is no need to rinse the floor when you are done.
- Wipe up spills and wet spots immediately, as moisture can easily damage hardwood flooring. Use a mop or rag to clean up spills as they occur.
- Clean sticky spots using a damp sponge.
- Remove tough stains using a stain removing product applied with a soft, clean rag. Consult the manufacturer of your floor to find a stain remover that will remove stains without damaging the finish of the floor.
- Prevent dents & scratches from heavy furniture by outfitting tables and chair legs backed with felt floor protectors.
Always follow the manufacturer’s instructions for cleaning.